Mark Amtower was named as one of the Who's Who in B-to-B list for 2008 by BtoB magazine. click here
Just how BIG is the government market in the U.S.?
- 3,034 counties
- 19,429 municipalities
- 16,504 townships
- 35,052 special district governments
- 13,506 school districts
- 512 Native American nations
- 50 states
- District of Columbia
- 6 U.S. territories
- 1 federal government
- Total 88,095
Approximately, 20,000,000 FTEs (full-time employees) more than 1 out of 8 of all adults with full-time jobs.
Approximately 1/3 of the GDP.
Got your attention yet?
Are you interested in entering this seemingly complex government market? Or are your sales stagnating? Check out our "What can we do for YOU" page.
According to Guy Timberlake, CEO of The American Small Business Coalition, Mark Amtower is the “Godfather of government marketing.” Government marketing veteran Bob Gosselin called Amtower “the best of the best of government marketing gurus.” One client referred to Mark as “the mentor to a generation of B2G marketers. Another said, “He is the only consultant I have used that is not afraid to say ‘I don’t know, but I know who does.’”
If you are looking for the straight scoop, there is one best place to start.
Since 1985, Mark Amtower has advised hundreds of companies on all facets of doing business with the Federal government. These companies represent a wide variety of products and services, from facility products and services to information technology products and services, IT and management training, trade show and seminar development (the only marketing consultant ever to sit on the Board of Advisors for FOSE), footwear and uniforms pure commodity to high-end consulting and systems integration services. And each company advised gets the in depth research and advice needed for them to succeed in this vast market.
You want results? (I can’t use their names but you can find these and other among my 200 recommendations at LinkedIn- check them out at http://www.linkedin.com/in/markamtower
- A computer reseller moved from the second tier to the top position in their niche in three years
- An IT training company went from no Schedule to $22 million in Schedule sales in 2 years
- A B2B furniture cataloger grew their open market (no contracts) B2G business to over $10 million a year
- One computer manufacturer grew their B2G business from $50 million to over $200 million in three years
- One apparel manufacturer went from $0 (no government business) to 85% of their Schedule category in five years after having attended one Amtower seminar
See what we can do for you - check out our "What can we do for YOU" page.
Author, consultant, speaker, CEO coach and radio host Mark Amtower has focused on one market Global One - doing business with government - for twenty-five years. Known in Washington, DC for his all-black attire and extreme candor, Amtower is by far the most influential and candid voice in business-to-government marketing, quoted in over 150 publications, doing interviews on business-talk radio around the country, speaking at 15 conferences and seminars each year. The now infamous lunch speech, Amtower’s Laws of Survival and Success speech, became a book, Why Epiphanies Never Occur to Couch Potatoes in November, 2007. He has been profiled in Federal Computer Week (October, 2005) and Entrepreneur magazine (July 2006), and he made the cover of Network World in 2002.
He is the founding partner of Amtower & Company, of Highland, Maryland. Each year he consults with senior management in several companies on government marketing programs. He is the author of Government Marketing Best Practices, published in January, 2005 (now in its fifth printing), and the producer of the audio series The Ultimate Government Sales Jumpstart Program and The Amtower B2B Publicity 2.0 series. His e-newsletter, The Amtower Report, is widely read by both the Federal contracting and direct marketing communities. His first radio show, The Amtower Market Report, ran on WBIS, 1190 AM out of Annapolis, Maryland from March 2006-February 2007. His radio show, Amtower Off-Center, is heard on Federal News Radio, WFED 1500 AM in Washington DC. The hour-long talk show airs Monday at 12:00 Noon, and is simulcast and archived on www.FederalNewsRadio.com.
A few recent highlights
- BtoB magazine as one of the top 100 business marketers in the country in the annual Who's Who in B-to-B 2008
- Board of Advisors for the American Small Business Coalition, The Tower Club (Vienna, VA), Ex-Nihilo Management and CyberPatrol
- Author: Government Marketing Best Practices (Jan, 2005 now in the fifth printing, with over 9,000 copies in print)
- Profile, Entrepreneur magazine, July, 2006
- Author, Why Epiphanies Never Occur to Couch Potatoes (Nov, 2007)
- Radio host in Washington DC, WFED since Feb, 2007, Monday at noon on 1500 AM
- Quoted in over 150 publications since 1996, including the Washington Post, NY Times, Chicago Tribune, Forbes, Investors Business Daily, BtoB magazine, Washington Technology, Federal Computer Week, Maryland Business Daily, Washington Business Journal, Federal Times, Corridor magazine, VAR Business, Government VAR, Reseller Management, Marketing Computers, Network World, International Office Product News, DM News, Catalog Success, Direct, Target Marketing, Government Computer News, MultiChannel Merchant, Management Consulting News, Chief Marketer, BusinessWeek.com and many others.
Check out our "What can we do for YOU" then call or email Mark Amtower 301-924-0058 <Mark>at<FederalDirect.net>
|Mark Amtower offers the the most experienced advice for your marketing program, successful federal market entry, B2G Thought Leadership and more.
Click here for details.